The Huxford Clinic is a full-service practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the respiratory system. Tending to your needs is Dr. Cameron Huxford, a board certified pulmonologist (his children call him “the lung doctor”), and his staff of specialized assistants.
The Huxford Clinic features diagnostic capabilities on-site and is pleased to provide the Golden Triangle with consultative and treatment services for the entire spectrum of pulmonary and sleep disorders. Dr. Huxford serves patients of all ages.
Cameron S. Huxford, M.D., F.C.C.P.
Dr. Huxford is the only pulmonologist in the area that has a CXR Machine and a Pulmonary Function Testing Machine in his office — that means he does not have to send patients to the hospital for testing!
The Huxford Clinic is the only Alpha-1 Clinical Resource Center for the State of Mississippi.
Dr. Huxford is a Sleep Medicine Board Certified specialist.
Looking for a pulmonary doctor, sleep doctor, or Mississippi Alpha One doctor? You’ve come to the right place.
Common Abnormal Pulmonary Symptoms
- Cough especially lasting over 3 weeks
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest
- Chronic sputum production
- Coughing up blood (hemoptysis)
Common Abnormal Sleep Symptoms
- Loud & disruptive snoring
- Witnessed breathing pauses (apneas)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Waking up from sleep feeling short of breath
Diagnoses a Pulmonologist Treats
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Lung cancer
- Hemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Bronchiectasis (abnormally dilated airways)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic cough (a cough lasting over 3 weeks)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome
Other Services Provided
In addition to our pulmonary services, The Huxford Clinic specializes in the evaluation of abnormal chest x-rays and occupational safety sleep evaluations in the evaluation of occupational pulmonary disorders such as asbestosis and silicosis.
While Dr. Huxford emphasizes rapid diagnosis and early initiation of treatment, he stresses the importance of long term care and follow-up.